Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Park Ji-Sung spurns Man U for QPR deal





Via ESPN-South Korean midfielder Park Ji-Sung has revealed that he turned down the offer of increased wages at Manchester United to join Queens Park Rangers.

Park, 31, was unveiled at QPR on Tuesday following a move for an undisclosed fee. The midfielder revealed that it was he who had asked for the transfer due to a lack of playing time at Old Trafford.

Park told reporters: "I wanted to leave Manchester United, so I told them I wanted to leave the club because I have had a great offer. Man United is such a good club and everyone wants to go there and play. So, for me to leave Man United is a very difficult decision.

"Last season I hadn't played as much. I would have had a good chance, an opportunity to play for Man United, but QPR made me a good offer. Their ambitions, their plan, everything was interesting for me.
"I was offered more money, but QPR offered me something more interesting because they showed me their plans and ambitions. And compared with other clubs it was a totally different situation. So I decided if I was going to leave United, I should join QPR."

At Park's unveiling, manager Mark Hughes revealed that he may make the Champions League and four-time Premier League winning midfielder his club captain, after Joey Barton was stripped of the honour for disciplinary reasons.

"Ji will come into my thinking in terms of a new captain for the club,'' Hughes said. "I'll have to see who steps up and who is a natural fit for it. I'm sure people will want the role and to show me they are the right for it and that includes Ji.

"But we've got other guys as well with experience, Djibril Cisse is a Champions League winner so we have good characters in the dressing room who could take on the mantle.''

No comments:

Post a Comment