Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Don't cry Dani Alves




Via ESPN-Barcelona defender Dani Alves has revealed he was "upset" that his club did not deny rumours linking him with a move.

Alves, 29, was linked with the likes of Anzhi Makhachkala and Manchester City earlier in the summer, but Barcelona made no attempt to deny the transfer talk.

The Brazilian, though, feels that the Blaugrana should have made an effort to quash the rumours.

"It's true that there were rumours that I would not be staying at Barca and I was upset that the club did not intervene," the defender told press conference.

"However, I am above that sort of thing and if the time comes when the club decide they don't need me, I will just have to accept it. I would like to leave in the same way that I joined. I would like to think that when I leave, I would want to feel that I have left my mark, however small it is."

Barca boss Tito Vilanova later said he had not realised Alves had felt doubts over his importance to the club.

"If I'd felt that Alves was feeling this way, I'd have picked up the phone and called him," Vilanova said.

"Next time I will. For me, he's the best right-back in the world and possibly one of the best signings of recent years."

Alves joined Barcelona for an massive €35.5 million in 2008 after helping Sevilla to two UEFA Cup triumphs, as well as a Copa del Rey title.


image via

No comments:

Post a Comment