Friday, July 6, 2012

MLS teams keep buying old formerly great players...



What in gods name is going on here??

So the Montreal Impact believe that bringing in a 36 year old defender was a good move. Really? I'm all about well known players coming to MLS but I just don't know how this move helps the Impact.  At least Beckham, Keane, Henry, and Boyd had something left in the tank when they came here. I guess we shall see.

Via AP-The Montreal Impact have added former AC Milan and Lazio defender Alessandro Nesta to their growing list of Italian veterans.

Financial terms of the deal were not released on Thursday, but the 2006 World Cup winner will not have the status of Designated Player, so his remuneration will come under the league's salary cap.

''I'm very happy to be here,'' Nesta said. ''Despite some offers to continue my career in Europe, I was looking for a new challenge and wanted to play in MLS.

''Upon visiting my friend Marco (Di Vaio) to see him play his first game with Montreal, I met great people in this club. I really liked what I saw and I was convinced Montreal was where I wanted to be.''

Di Vaio, a forward who was once Nesta's teammate at Lazio, made his Impact debut last week against Toronto.


Picture Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment