Thursday, September 6, 2012

Scunthorpe manager almost killed by a squirrel....No I didn't make that up.



Not the offending squirrel in question but this is what I imagine it looked like.


Via Sky Sports-Scunthorpe manager Alan Knill has revealed he narrowly escaped serious injury following a squirrel-related cycling accident.

Knill faced boos and calls for his head at the end of Tuesday night's home defeat to Notts County in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy - which took the Iron's losing run to six matches in all competitions - but he insists the League One club's difficult start to the season has been put into perspective.

Knill was out riding his bike on Monday when he collided with a squirrel. Unable to dodge the animal, it got caught up in his wheel spokes and sent the manager flying over his handlebars.

"It was quite serious at the time, I was flying through the air," Knill, who escaped with just cuts and bruises, told the BBC following the loss to Notts County. "I came off my bike at 20-whatever miles an hour, an ambulance was called and everything - I could have died.

"I saw it run into the road but couldn't do anything about it and it just hit my wheel and stuck in my wheel and hit my brakes. I went over the top of my bike and landed on my head, shoulder and neck.

Knill added: "I'm worrying every night about football, but I could have been dead on Monday and it's so stupid. I'm not and you have to put things into perspective. The situation we're in at the moment, I don't cherish and I don't like being in, but there are worse situations



Photo Via

No comments:

Post a Comment