Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Aguero says he would have gone to Real had they wanted him....no shit?











Via Soccernet-Sergio Aguero said Tuesday he would have joined Real Madrid had they made an offer for him in 2011.

"If Real Madrid had been interested in me, then I would be here," Aguero told reporters in the mixed zone at Bernabeu Tuesday. "I had no option but to join City.

"Now I want to take this opportunity to refute the information where I supposedly said that I would never play for Real Madrid because I played at Atletico. It was published in an English newspaper."

The Argentinean striker, who was on the bench still recovering from injury during Real's 3-2 Champions League win on Tuesday, became Manchester City's most expensive acquisition last summer when he made a £38 million ($61.1 million) move from Atletico Madrid.

At the time, reports claimed Aguero was against joining Atletico's fierce rivals out of respect, but the 24-year-old denied those reports following City's loss at the Bernabeu.


Aguero netted 23 goals for City last term, including the match-winning strike on the final day of the season which earned Roberto Mancini's team the Premier League title. Aguero said he is happy to stay in England having made the move from Spain.

"Right now, I'm playing for City and not thinking about anything else," said Aguero.

Information from Efe News Agency was used in this report.


Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment