Tuesday, May 29, 2012

USA blows the skirts off of the Scots


What a game this was for the US.  Scotland never looked comfortable (capable?) on the pitch and with silly laps in judgement gave the US their best game of the Klinsmann era. 

Here's what I think are the best things to take away from this:


1. Landon Donovan went out and made a statement not only to his team mates but to Jurgen Klinsmann.  That statement: I want to be here. With Donovan being quoted as saying his hearts not in the game like it use to, Klinsmann all but calling him out about his desire, and with a lack-luster season in LA, Donovan made his point that he wants to be apart of this team for awhile.  I have a feeling that he'll be playing for Everton full time next year and I think he'll be better off for it.

2.  Michael Bradley not only should have a regular spot on this squad but I believe may turn out to be a great replacement at Captain when Boca hangs his boots up.  His goal was one of the prettiest USMNT goal we've seen in a long time.  His skills have been able to shine since he moved to Chievo Verona and I can only hope that if moves to a larger club that he gets the opportunity that he deserves.  I really look forward to his performances from here on out.

3. It's nice to see the team succeed without Dempsey. Now first let me say this: I know that they played an "inferior" team, however the US showed  unity without (arguably) their best player and no matter who they play it's nice to see that they can have that without Dempsey on the field. That said, I don't ever want to see him not on the field if he's available.

The true test for this team will be Wednesday night against a superior opponent in Brazil. Good luck boys!!


No comments:

Post a Comment